Beta Club Constitution
Our Lady of Victory Catholic School Chapter
National Junior Beta Club
Established May 2004
The name of this organization shall be the Our Lady of Victory Catholic School chapter of the National Junior Beta Club
Affiliation and Co-ordination
This chapter of the National Junior Beta Club is an integral part of the central organization of the National Junior Beta Club, and shall be governed by the academic and financial policies laid down in the National Constitution of the central organization of the National Junior Beta Club. Its coat-of-arms, motto, creed, and official insignia shall be those of the National organization of the National Junior Beta Club.
The purpose of the organization shall be the promotion of scholarship, leadership, and good citizenship at Our Lady of Victory Catholic School.
The membership of this organization shall be made up from the students of the 5th – 8th grades of Our Lady of Victory Catholic School who, because of their worthy character, good mentality, creditable achievement, and commendable attitude, have been approved for membership by the executive head of the school; provided, of course, that these students meet the requirements as set forth in the By-laws of the organization as appended here.
The officers of this chapter of the National Junior Beta club shall be:
- Convention Vice-President
- Service Vice-President
The duties of the president shall be:
- to preside at all the meetings
- to represent this organization when necessary
- to administer the policies as laid down in the constitution and by-laws
- to help the sponsor make the agenda for the meetings.
The duties of the Convention Vice-President/Fund-raising Vice President shall be:
- to be responsible for most of the meetings from August-November while the club works toward preparing for convention
- to work over the summer on banner ideas
- to prepare how we will select who will compete in each category for convention
- to be in attendance at every meeting during these months
- to keep up with the convention binder
- to be responsible for all fund-raising projects throughout the year.
The duties of the Service Vice President shall be:
- to preside at meetings when the president is absent or unable to perform the duties of the office
- to keep a notebook of service hours
- to assist in administering the affairs of the chapter
- to assist the president
- to make sure all members receive monthly magazines
- to help the chapter come up with service projects for the entire year
The duties of the Secretary/Treasurer shall be:
- to keep a record of member’s dues
- to keep a complete and dependable record of attendance at all meetings and to let the sponsor know when a specified number of absences occur
- to keep accurate minutes and to submit the minutes to the sponsor and the administration of the school
- to carry out the correspondence of the club and to write letters
- make forms and any handouts that will go home
- be responsible for the publicity of the club.
The duties of the Chaplain shall be:
- to lead the group in an opening and closing prayer or devotion at each meeting and to have a prayer or devotion at all Beta Club events.
The duties of the Parliamentarian shall be:
- to keep peace at the meetings.
The main committee of this chapter of the National Junior Beta Club shall be the Executive Committee.
The duties of the Executive Committee shall be:
- to assist the officers in carrying out the policies and activities of this organization
- direct any necessary disciplinary action (such as dropping a member from membership or placing him/her on probation)
- to cooperate with the executive head of the school and sponsor in making up the roster of qualified students to invite into membership
- to cooperate with the club sponsor in all matters pertaining to the general welfare of the club.
The Executive Committee will consist of all six officers.
In addition to the executive committee, the president may appoint special committees to attend to and report upon any specific matters that it may become necessary for this club to consider.
Regular meetings shall be held at such times and places as designated in the By-laws. The times and days of these meetings may be changed by the sponsor if needed. The president may call special meetings after consultation with and the approval of the executive committee and the sponsor of this club. The public may be invited to attend any regular or special meeting of this organization if approved by a majority vote.
Besides endeavoring at all times to be of service to Our Lady of Victory Catholic School and its students by upholding high standards of honesty and good citizenship, this chapter of the National Junior Beta Club shall –after consultation with, and upon approval of the executive head of the school and club sponsor – undertake some worthwhile service project, as designated in the Beta Club By-law.
Amending the Constitution
The constitution of this organization may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the membership at any meeting where a quorum is present; provided that notice of proposed amendment has been given at previous meeting.